tacky or not tuesday: virgin atlantic's new red shoes

image via huffington post
so, yesterday, my work friends and I were talking about how virgin atlantic recently announced that all female flight attendants will be required to wear red patent leather high heels on flights.

my friend M jokingly asked if male attendants would have to wear them, too. answering in earnest, I said I thought it'd be really, uh, weird to order females to do something but not require men to comply with the male equivalent (whatever that might be).  

lo and behold! richard branson has done it again.

oh, and incidentally, do you suppose the flight attendants are comfortable standing with their feet stuffed in heels for several hours at time?

oh, well. all it means – let's cross our fingers and pray –  is that the public will continue to perceive virgin as employing the sexiest flight attendants on the planet.

so, darlings. tacky or not?

Anonymous –  (April 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM)  

Cute. Dig it.

Post a Comment

I love your comments!