while we're on the subject...

(of payless shoesource, that is.)

as you've probably noticed over the past few years, it's now the "cool" thing for high-end designers to come down to our level :) and design for brands like H&M (lanvin) and gap (valentino).

christian siriano for payless launched in fall 2009, and it's been interesting. a lot of the shoes were amazing on the runway but didn't translate when (for lack of a better phrase) "dumbed down" for the payless brand/the general public.

then again, I can't fathom actually wearing some of the runway looks, beautiful though they are...I mean, could you see yourself wearing any of these (from siriano's fall 2011 collection) to the office or out to dinner? particularly those gladiator boot contraptions?




images via style bistro

still, I have to think that there's a way to make them a little more exciting than these (currently on sale at payless), which I actually really like, but they're a little boring to have christian siriano's name attached:





images via payless shoesource

one last thing: I think it's probably easier to go from runway-ready to street version when you're talking about clothes. shoes, now that's a little more difficult. on that note, christian siriano, I do heart you for trying.

Post a Comment

I love your comments!