male monday: the adidas samba

image via shoes brands

remember when adidas sambas for men were the coolest shoes ever? when was that, anyway? I want to say it was a good decade ago, maybe even longer. in my recollection, all the "cool" guys wore sambas, and not just to play soccer in – sambas to school, to work, to social events...everywhere.

fast forward to 2011, and I feel like I don't see very many guys wearing them. nevertheless, as I was standing in line at starbucks yesterday morning and checking out everyone's shoes (something I often do, of course!), I saw a 30-something, well-dressed guy in a pair of classic adidas sambas. I kind of miss seeing them around, to be honest! they're such a classic shoe and so versatile as well.

besides, some of the more recent color combinations are super fun, too.


image via limited hype


image via official outlet auctions


image via sly buyer

Post a Comment

I love your comments!